Friday, October 19, 2012

Heart Warmers

Happy Friday! I gotta make this one a quickie, friends, because I've got a whole lot of ... ummm ... TV watching and reading to do tonight! Yay! Luckily, I don't have too much to report anyhow.

Dinner with my brother and niece last night was great. We met in downtown Louisville, Colorado, which you might know because it was recently named the best US town to live in. I used to live in nearby Superior, Colorado, and I can vouch that Louisville is pretty nice. These photos, unfortunately, don't do it justice:






The same goes for my niece Ella:


Can someone else please confirm that she is, like, the cutest baby ever?

Brian and Ella and I ate at Waterloo, a restaurant on Louisville's Main Street. The restaurant seems to be kind of English inspired, though the food isn't really English at all. Unfortunately, I neglected to take a picture so you have no other proof of that. Suffice to say I had an average veggie burger with a yummy beer. So I guess it's a wash.

Today has not been an exciting day. I worked in the morning, followed by a step class at my gym. After step and a shower, I headed to Whole Foods for lunch.






This is tofu with tomatoes and olives, brown rice broccoli casserole, and pomegranate and tahini kale. I put it on a reusable plate because my lunchtime beverage consumption skyrocketed my carbon footprint.

After lunch I decided to treat myself to a movie. It's been awhile since I went to the movies, and I especially enjoy seeing a movie in the middle of the afternoon by myself. Today I saw Argo. You should see it. Well, I guess, you should see it if:

1) You like Ben Affleck.

2) You like historical dramas based on real events.

3) You have a thing for how men dressed in the 1970s.

4) You like heartwarming shit.

5) You weren't born until the 1980s and thus everything before seems really intriguing.

Not all of these apply to me, btw. But I did have to bite my lip to avoid crying at the end--that's how warm my heart was.

*What is warming your heart today?

No comments:

Post a Comment