Monday, January 21, 2013

Heiferloaf

Happy MLK Day!!! And, happy inauguration day!

I have done nothing to celebrate either of these occasions, unless you count trying to talk myself into not working watching TV because today is, after all, a holiday. Luckily for my dissertation committee, though, I prevailed and did some work. That's a good thing since I sure didn't do any work this weekend. Instead I took pictures of a pretty sunset:




Went to dinner with our friend Christian here:




After dinner we went to see Django Unchained. I liked it. I understand why some people hate Quentin Tarantino, but I thought it was well acted and compelling to watch. I also love Christoph Waltz, which probably takes the cake for strangest crush ever. I mean, he's nearly sixty and Austrian. These are not deal breakers as far as crushes go, but how many famous hot Austrian men can you name?

I also indulged in a new snack food that I've been monching on lately: popcorn.




I bought the kind that has no butter flavoring and salt just so I could add my own salt (just a tad) and my own "butter" (a Misto spray of olive oil). It is nutritionally void but tasty:-)

I also tortured my dog:


This was in addition to her bath, which she loveddddd!

And ate a pseudo-traditional Sunday dinner, though ours was made with seitan rather than heifers.




Prolly not as tasty as a heiferloaf though:-(

*What did you eat for Sunday dinner? Growing up did you have dinners that were a bit more traditional or filling on Sundays?

2 comments:

  1. I swear Colorado sunsets are better than all other sunsets. Parts of Django really really made me cringe, but I love Quentin Tarantino and Christoph Waltz is AMAZING! I was so happy when he won an Oscar for Inglorious Bastards. P.S. I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes to "torture" their dog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely cringed during Django, including when Tarantino played that Aussie wrangler guy. He's just too well known now; I don't know if I could ever watch him act and feel taken in by the role.

    ReplyDelete