Friday, January 11, 2013

Finally Friday

Finally, it's Friday. I don't know about you, but I am so ready for it. I kind of just want to stay in bed or on the couch all day, but instead I'm about to head off to the gym for a class, followed by a haircut this afternoon. I didn't mention it in case any of you are murderers, but David was out of town all this week and will be coming home tonight--yay! He was at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, making contacts for Popsockets. Mostly, though, I think he was eating prime rib and visiting his favorite hookers. Heh. Just kidding. Because he's a vegetarian, people!

Anyhow, I also think I might be coming down with a sinus problem or cold, since this morning I actually slept later than usual and I also just feel really tired around my eyes and face. That's totally a symptom, right? When I did wake up, I was treated to some early morning sunny flurries:






Weird, right? Oh well, I guess it's better than snow in the Midwest, where it is cloudy and freezing all day and the snow immediately freezes into car-crashing ice.

I wonder if I've mentioned this before, but I lived in Cedar Rapids, Iowa for my first semester of college. My roommate, whose name was also Nicole, was from Iowa so her mother used to come visit often. I remember Nicole's mother for her driving skills. She told me that during one particularly bad snow storm she drove all the way to Minneapolis, sticking her arm out her window and wiping down the windshield the whole way. So there's that.

And with that, I'm going to sign off for the week. I see a mug of hot tea and some popcorn in my future, and I hope you all have something(s) keeping you warm and happy too.

*How do you fare while driving in the snow?


No comments:

Post a Comment