Friday, August 24, 2012

Nnnnnnnnooch Attack!

Yay! It's Friday! Given that my job gives me a lot of flexibility as to when I work this doesn't mean much, but boy does Friday feel good! It feels especially good because I have two weekend activities to which I can look forward to.

But first, a recap of last night, since ... I actually cooked kale! Don't get too excited, it was my usual noochy kale:




But I did realize that I've learned one good tip when it comes to cooking kale, and that is




Misto!!! I'm sure you have a misto, or at the very least you've heard of it. It's like Pam, only without the jet fuel additives. (Well, unless you add your own jet fuel to your olive oil misto.)

Our misto is filled with olive oil, and it's great for lightly spritzing the kale leaves (after they've already been coated in a bit of olive oil by hand) so that the edges get nice and crispy. This is important, else you can end up with a big pile of soft noochy kale (which is, in my opinion, still delicious, but David doesn't like it so much).

Another tip I've learned recently: dogs don't understand salad spinners.






So, about that weekend. I'm mostly pumped because the USA ProCycling Challenge is coming right through Boulder!!! (http://usaprocyclingchallenge.com) I'm a geek, I know, but it is so.freaking.exciting to see these guys race by at the speeds that they do. Last year my voice was hoarse because I literally started screeching and jumping up and down when the peleton rode by me.

Also, I'm going to a Pampered Chef party. Woot. Not. But I will get to see my nieces, brothers, SILs, and parents there, so that makes it worth it. Kill me if I write in on Monday and seem excited about a new spoonula.

*What sporting event makes you feel like an excited lunatic?

No comments:

Post a Comment