Thursday, August 2, 2012

Dinner and Dad

So I have a confession to make: I've become extremely lazy about cooking dinner. I mean, cereal/peanut butter toast lazy--I'm not so lazy that I'd starve!

When I was struggling with my ED I ate pretty much the same thing every night for dinner--and it always came frozen with 250 calories or less. In the last three years, however, I've branched out and actually started cooking some of the meals and foods I'd oogle on the Food Network, magazine, etc. Especially when I first moved in with David and he started paying for a lot of the groceries; I was super excited to grocery shop without being so stressed about money and would plan out and cook our meals at least three or four nights a week.

However, that has all come to an end. Even though we are in our new house with a beautiful new kitchen:


When I first walked to the kitchen to take this photo, I somehow ended up back at the table with no picture and a bunch of WF veggie chips in my hand...oops.
I feel almost no desire to cook. Do you go through phases where you really do or really don't want to cook?

The primary reason I bring this up is that last night I discovered something to help me with my little problem:


That might look like vomit, but it actually tasted really good! (For someone who isn't used to hot food). It's a kind of split pea soup, and I "made" it from the Split Pea Soup mix in the bulk bins at Whole Foods.

With chunks of almond cheese:


And followed by a peach, an apple, and copious amounts of Nuttzo Butter. (Has anyone else tried this?! It's really yummy but it's so expensive that I don't think we can pay our mortgage and feed my budding craving for it.)


In other non-essential news, me, my Dad and my sister in law Sarah went on a mountain bike ride together today. Despite some teeth chattering on the way down, it was fantastic! I can't believe I was so reluctant to get in to mountain biking; it's a completely different sport from road cycling--which I have a lot of experience with--but so much more exhilarating and satisfying in its own way.




This is prolly my second-to-last ride as a single woman...!!

*Does your Mom or Dad do any cool activities with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment