Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sick as a Lemur

Why not "lemur" instead of "dog?"

Am I the only one who wonders about *isht* like this? I mean, besides the contestants on Jeopardy?

Anyyyyyhow, yah, I feel like crap. I felt tired and headachy as soon as I woke up this morning, but brushed it off and did some cleaning around the house.

However, around two p.m., I took Haruki for a hike/run and about halfway through felt like I wanted to lie down on the trail in the fetal position. Ugh. I've been on the couch for about three hours, and the most telling detail is that the only thing I've eaten all day is an apple.

That's a big freakin' deal, peeps. Usually I feel like eating even when I'm sick, so no appetite=Nikki is a sick girl.

I did manage to take some pictures of my hike before I started feeling pukey. I'm going to go get my phone to transfer them aaaaaaaany second now. Now. Now. Okay now. (Sigh)

Ta-da!


Pretty, right? Yah--these were covered in creepy bugs that were sucking the sweetness right out of them. Like zombies, only they want flower nectar and not blood.

Haruki! 

When I run through this part I feel very lucky.

I want to ride my bike up that road asap.

I like to think that some kind of cannibalism happened near here in  "the olden days."

Cactus flower! Are cacti predators? Else why the showy blossom--if not to lure in prey  in order to catch or prick them?



*What do you do when you're sick?
 I may or may not watch episodes of MTV's 16 and Pregnant and count myself lucky.
























No comments:

Post a Comment