Friday, June 29, 2012

Intro Intro

Why does Friday seem like such a relief even when you don't work a traditional Monday-Friday job? Sheesh I'm tired, and it's only eight p.m.

In my defense, the day did start slighter earlier than normal, at around 6:15 or so. I've been waking up "early" this week, and it has left me feeling a bit tired all day. Orrrrr, maybe it's the insane heat here in Colorado.

Instead of sweating it out in my sweltering Fit Camp class at the gym I decided to ride my road bike today. Her name is Flo. (More on that name at a later date. Yes, it has to do with menstruation.)

Flo and I rode down the (Sunshine) Canyon, and then back up. Needless to say, it takes a lot longer on the second half. But I did manage to spot a deer ... from about three feet away!! Eeek! Deer are, of course, not mean animals, but looking up from your handlebars to see one v.v. close to you is a smidge nerve wracking.

I was too chicken to take a picture of Bambi up close, but you can see her in the center of the photo if you have a magnifying glass.
After my ride I showered up (before 5 p.m. like a productive person!!) and headed to town--to Native Foods--for lunch. Despite being a supposed hotspot for veg-heads, hippies, and patchouli, Boulder has surprisingly few vegetarian restaurants. So I've been psyched to try the Native Foods that opened on the 29th Street Mall recently.

Native Foods serves all vegan-fare, including soups, salads, sandwiches, bowls, pizza, and cupcakes! Today I went for the Chimi Chop salad, which has romaine lettuce, grilled veggies, roasted corn, sweet peppers, garlic croutons, and peppered seitan. (I meant it when I said I love gluten!)



I used to eat salads exclusively at restaurants, though since making progress towards recovery I've ceased my salad-ordering and become somewhat averse to going out only to eat a "boring" salad.

This salad has me rethinking that policy...

After lunch, I went to Espressoria Jet's, a coffee shop on Pearl Street, to do work. I actually accomplished something, too! I wrote the first few sentences of my introduction!

As a reward for all my, errr, hard work, I went to movies! Yay! I saw Moonrise Kingdom--the new Wes Anderson movie. It was cute. More specifically, it was a Wes Anderson movie through and through, a good thing in my book, but perhaps not "up" everyone else's alley.

Now I'm at home, listening to Haruki bark (sigh), and contemplating an episode of Gavin and Stacey. If you haven't seen it, you must...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0908454/

*Umm, so have you seen Gavin and Stacey? Are there any exclusively vegetarian restaurants where you live?

No comments:

Post a Comment