Wednesday, July 17, 2013

WTF Wednesday

Uh, whoops--WTF happened to Tuesday? It kinda got away from me, that's what. My bad. I now realize that none of you are waiting at your computers, pressing refresh time and time again when no new posts come up on my page. But still, sorry for flaking out yesterday and for being more flaky in general since I started working more.

I'm happy to report that I finished my freelance job yesterday. So today, of course, I went to the movies. First, however, I had to drop off some materials for the freelance job, and I also went to the bank to prove to them that my legal name really did change. They are such sticklers.

Anyhow, I saw _The Way Way Back_ with Steve Carrell, Toni Collette, Sam Rockwell, et al. I think Anna Sophia Rob was in it too but I'm only partly sure that I know who that even is. It was good! Probably the most decent movie I've seen all summer, which isn't saying much I guess. The plot focused a lot on kids from divorced homes, so that gave me something to think about...heh.

While I was out I also indulged in a decaf iced latte, which was amazing.




Why I'm only just now realizing how good iced lattes are I have no idea. So.darn.refreshing.

Also refreshing?




Although I'm not sure eating a quarter of a full watermelon is going to sit well with my stomach. Oh well. At least I'm hydrated through, like, next week.

In other news, David and I met some friends for dinner last night at Leaf Vegetarian Restaurant. I believe I gave this restaurant a mediocre review the last time I went there, though this time they had really stepped up their game. Of course I forgot to take pictures, but everything was super flavorful and tasty. I only missed being able to have a glass of wine with our good meal. (It seems like I'm an alcoholic with all my pregnant mentionings of beer and wine, doesn't it?)

So that's it for now. Tell me--what's up with you this week?

3 comments:

  1. For the record I check your blog at least twice a day for updates and quite frankly this new job of yours helping animals is quite annoying. You post less now. That annoys me. Cause I really like your blog. Soooooo . . . stop helping animals? I dunno know. That sounds bad.

    What's up with me this week? Well, I bought a new (used) dining room table and now I feel all grown up. Seriously. Also . . . and I shudder even typing this, we are dealing with mice at the house. Apparently it happens to everyone in our country neighborhood. Dang woods everywhere. $500 bucks later the exterminator swears it will be all taken care of within a few weeks. We are soon to be the proud owners of 12 mouse killing stations outside and will be on a quarterly plan so Joanna doesn't threaten to move out of the house. And Mike has a list of house stuff he has to do, like updating weather stripping and filling in concrete. Good times. Good times. Wait, no. Bad times. Very very bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to feel impressed that you like my blog so much, but really now I just feel bad that I'm a disappointment:-) As for not helping animals, let's just say that yesterday I really thought about it when a puppy covered in poop jumped on me.
      As for your life, I like your new dining table! It does look quite mature--ldike you'll be having city council members over for important dinner discussions.
      That sucks about the mice. $500 for the exterminator is one of those things that you don't realize you'll have to pay for when you're younger. Being an adult is such a rip off, isn't it?

      Delete
    2. I accidentally pushed a "d" in "like" as I was hitting "reply." Sorry. I'm not trying to insinuate anything;-)

      Delete