Monday, September 2, 2013

Sneaky Craving

Happy Labor Day!! (What's this holiday for, again?) Anyway, happy unusual day--I hope wherever you are you're getting to do something or some stuffs that you don't normally do on a Monday. That, in my opinion, is the best part about nearly all holidays, especially if your M-F job is 9-5. Obviously that's not my scenario, but for some reason I still like the fact that today is different and I can do different stuff even if technically I could do different stuff on nearly any day of the week. Does any of that make sense?

Anyhow, the title of this post is really what I'm here to write about: Sneaky Cravings. You see, people keep asking me what kinds of strange cravings I've had since becoming pregnant. And, invariably, I always answer: "None really. It seems like that part of pregnancy is kind of overblown."

However, looking through my recent eats and photos of my recent eats, I'd say there are some noticeable patterns. First of all, since when did I become such a noodle lover? Lately all I seem to cook is pasta, and I don't even really like pasta usually. In addition, I'm a tomato and pesto-aholic! Check out a few things I made/ate since last Wednesday:


How freaking pretty are these?

+




=




And as if that wasn't enough, last night I made pasta again!


Yes, that is a really bad crack in our bowl.

For today's lunch I made pesto _again_! And, of course, ate it on top of yummy tomatoes and alongside some brown rice chips.




Seriously. If all of this doesn't count as a pregnancy craving than I don't know what does. I guess I was just fooled because while these foods just sound good to me right now, I don't ever get into a phase where I think I'll die if I don't get to eat them. In other words, I wouldn't make David drive in the middle of the night to get tomatoes just so I could eat my tomatoes and pesto yumminess.

Also, I would've expected more sugar cravings given my sweet tooth history. This is not to say that I haven't eaten my share of sweets or desserts since becoming pregnant. But, I am surprised at how frequently I think about eating a "treat," only to decide that it doesn't sound that good after all. Weird, right? I mean, I'm in the final stretch, here. I've only got four more weeks left of pregnancy and I haven't gained very much weight. I could totally justify eating cake at least twice a week. But for some reason it just doesn't appeal right now. I guess this is good, since apparently really bad sugar cravings take over during breastfeeding, from what I hear. (To help remedy this, yesterday I told my Dad that he should bring an apple fritter to the hospital with him when he comes to visit me and baby. That and a really good IPA.)

And now I'll be off, friends. I'm going to veg out for awhile before David and I go down to Cherry Creek to see his family and grill out. I hope you're enjoying some sweetness today:-)

*How often do you eat pasta?

No comments:

Post a Comment