Friday, September 20, 2013

Blog or Nap?

Hmmm...it's one-thirty right now and I have until two-thirty before David and I have to leave the house. David has a department meeting and I'll be running errands before we both head East to my brother's house for a little get together tonight. Technically, it's a kind of baby shower, but really it's a pizza and beer party.

Anyway, since I have limited time and could really use a little rest, I'm going to post some quick pics and sign off.

This is the home improvement/craft project I've been working on:









I'll show you all the finished product when I'm finished, but as you can see, it's a dresser that I've been painting. And yes, it's for the baby. And yes, the baby is a girl and that paint is blue. David is against traditional paints that tend to have toxic materials in them so we opted for a water-based milk paint. The only downside to such paints is that they don't come in very many colors and most of the colors tend to be pretty natural/earthy in tone. So, blue it is.

For the most part I enjoyed painting the dresser, though I must say that I'd hate to find myself in the grips of a professional painter. I mean literally in their grips, since those dudes must have really strong forearms and hands. (Either that or I need to up my forearm exercises from zero to something above zero.)

My other project? Baking for tonight's party. I was going to get my favorite carrot cake from my favorite cake baker, but unfortunately they were too booked to take new cake orders for today. So, I made peanut butter scotcheroos that I saw on Tina's blog the other day, in addition to chocolate chip cookies that, I must say, turned out really well.








In fairness to Tina's recipe I should disclose that I messed up and failed to put the crisp rice cereal on the bottom. Hence why the cereal is on top and the dessert looks like crap. I haven't tasted it yet, but I'd say looks notwithstanding, all that peanut butter and sugar can't be a bad thing:-)

*Do you like soft chewy chocolate chip cookies or do you like them crunchy and a bit flatter?

No comments:

Post a Comment