Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Pandora vs. Spotify

What do you all think about that--Pandora versus Spotify? I've always been a Pandora listener, mostly because I really appreciate how it finds you new music that you'll prolly like. It's not always correct, of course, but it does search out and introduce a new artist or song to me every so often. Spotify, on the other hand, really plays into my obsessive nature. I mean, right? When you've started hearing a new song on the radio or something don't you just want to listen to it over and over and over? Most recently for me, songs like these include Kanye West and Jay-Z's "No Church in the Wild" and Zac Brown Band's "I Saw Goodbye in Her Eyes."

Ha. I realize how ridiculous that pairing is, but what can I say? Both songs just do it for me. I should also add that it's okay if you hate country music. We can still be friends. I don't like most country music, and only started liking some of it after my brother Brian moved back from North Carolina with a strong penchant for the stuff.

Anyway, I was thinking about this today because I did some coffee shop work this morning.




No, I wasn't working on Pandora. I'm trying to finish my dissertation conclusion. I have about two weeks to finish it all, and apparently I'm going to drag it out to the very last second. Ugh--that is really unlike me, but I'm trying to reframe it and tell myself that this behavior actually demonstrates really effective time management:-)

After working for a bit I went to the gym for a bullshit elliptical session. I would've stayed longer and worked harder, but I didn't want to. And besides, I had plans for lunch, namely, eating vegetarian sushi from Whole Foods and getting a pedicure.



Today, as I was having my feet cleaned and massaged, I was reminded of how defective I am in certain girly ways. For instance, they always shame me for how callousy my heels are. But I refuse to let them shave off skin because it means that either I'll have to start moisturizing my feet all the time or I'll have painful cracks in my feets (yah, feets) for awhile. Can anyone else feel me? I just don't get why I would moisturize the bottom of my feet. Today the lady giving me my pedicure also looked at my fingernails and asked if I needed a manicure too. Uhhhh, yah, but that's not going to happen. I can keep polish on my feets for a while but on my nails it tends to get cracked and chipped ASAP. I guess I should just be grateful that she kept quiet and refrained from asking if I wanted my eyebrows waxed too.

*Do you wax anything? Your car, maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment