Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Nevermind...

OK, not so much on the fresh starts and spring veggies around here:






This is from inside our house, looking up at the mini cliff behind the house.

Really?! I knew it was supposed to snow, but I was all, like, "Well, it is just getting to be May now, perhaps the forecasters are mistaken and it will all fall as rain." Not.so.much. Eighty degrees on Monday and now I'm forced to drive to the gym in blowing snow on roads that are icy from it having rained before it snowed. Part of me hopes I crash and die because if it snows again after this I'm going to have to injure myself anyhow. Show of hands, by the way, how many of you are sick of hearing me complain about the snowy weather? Sorry.

On the plus side, I am getting my hair cut after my bootcamp class! Yes. I could really use a head rub right now. And someone putting fruity-smelling hair products on my head.

So! People! What should I do with this snow day? Sitting here and thinking about how much I complain about the snow makes me realize that most people would be glad for a snow day if it meant that they didn't have to go to work. I have the next week and a half to do whatever I want before starting my new job, so perhaps I should soak up the snow as a reason to do nothing and eat whatever I want? Hmmm? I could bake some bread. I could watch some movies. I could dress up Haruki in t-shirts that are too small for her...

*What are you doing today, and what would you do if it was a snow day and you were stuck inside for most of the day? (I should clarify that I'm not completely stuck inside, but because David needs to go down to town for meetings from 2-8 p.m. I either need to be back before then with his car, which is the better snow car, or I would have to go with him and basically camp out somewhere in town until he was ready to go home. Since I get tired more easily now the second option isn't really much of an option to me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment