Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Annnnd Now Its Tuesday

Is it just me, or has the last week or so gone by incredibly slowly? Womp womp, I know. I would make a bad prison inmate for a lot of reasons, but chief among them is that I get really impatient when I'm waiting for time to pass. As I mentioned before, we're leaving for Mexico on Saturday, and I'm pretty much just ready for this week to end as a result.

Most of today has gone by fairly quickly, actually. This morning I went to the gym for this new class that I've signed up to take--it's called TRX. TRX is a suspension training system, and it looks like this:


http://www.centeredworkout.com/trx

Basically, you use these thick cords to suspend yourself in different positions so that you can then use your body weight for strength training. So far I like it, and it's a nice change from the BodyPump class I usually go to.

After TRX, I meandered to Whole Foods to kill time and do some work until meeting my Dad for lunch at Mod Market. I was considering having one of their pizzas, which I've never had, but instead I opted for their soup and salad combo.

Potato leek soup:






And the Wintergreen salad, which was mixed greens with walnuts, apple slices, goat cheese, and little slices of fingerling potatoes.




The salad was good but the soup was really good. That's soup twice in two days for me--maybe it's winter rearing its head?

*Do you eat a lot of soup in the winter? Would you or wouldn't you be a good prison inmate?

3 comments:

  1. Moooood! I love the Wintergreen Salad -- it's that goat cheese, I tell ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty tasty, and I suspected that you might appreciate our lunch spot:-)

      Delete
  2. I had soup yesterday! The boy has been crazy for soup lately too.

    ReplyDelete