I'm afraid this post will be sadly lacking in photos since: 1) I haven't done crap today, and 2) now that I'm blogging and looking for things to photograph it is remarkably cloudy and ominous looking up here in Boulder. It looks like another big snowstorm is moving in, though I don't think that is actually the case.
And, since I haven't done anything today, this post is going to be more topical than usual. For example, how about I tell you what I'm looking forward to in 2013? (Not in random order.)
1) Popsockets coming to fruition. Man do I want this. David has been working on Popsockets for over two years now, and can I just say that I don't think I can talk about different kinds of polyurethane, possible manufacturers in China, or options for store packaging. Starting a business is hard. Inventing something new is even more difficult. Put them together and you've got one busy husband and a wife who is tired of being the one who cleans the bathrooms. OK, whining over. I am, incidentally, really excited for David's "baby" to come to life. I can't wait for him to finally "get" all the parts right and really start selling this little suckers. He has worked sooooooooo so, so, so hard and he deserves for things to pay off.
2) (Hopefully) Getting Pregnant. Who saw this one coming? I mean, who--what person--who knew me even two years ago would've seen this coming? It's a real game-changer for me, and strange that over Christmas I could not stop oohing and ahhing at my niece Ella. Like, she's so cute I can't take it and I actually want to take her home with me.
3) Finishing my degree. Ohhhh myyyyy Goddddd I'm going to graduate (hopefully) in May with my Ph.D. That is ridiculous. In part I'm so eager for it to be over, though I know that immediately I'll wish that I would've taken longer and drawn the program out more. (My department probably would not have appreciated that.) In any case I can't think too much about graduating soon--I have way too much work to do before then and you know what they say about counting, chickens, eggs and such.
4) Settling into our house more. Yah, I've finally unpacked all my crap and things are generally in their place, but there is a serious lack of homey touches that would make our home feel warmer. Like lamps, stuff on the walls, little wooden things that stand next to the toilet and hold the toilet paper. Out house is really nice, but I don't think I fully appreciate it because there has been literally no effort put into making it look its best.
5) Yah, I got nothing here. I was going to say something about working on my ED recovery, but who in God's name enjoys working on their recovery? It would be a lot nicer if I just wished myself completely free of ED anxiety. But, hey, at least I'm not a (semi-annoying) blogger who made a wish about some stupid fitness goal, like doing a 115 lb bench press or doing x numbers of repetitions of a Crossfit move.
*What are you most looking forward to in 2013?