Thursday, December 13, 2012

And I'm Baaack in the Game!

I trust you all made it through yesterday without my witticisms and daily diary entry? Sorry about that. I'd explain, but it would amount to the usual ranting/complaining, and I will spare you that.

I will tell you that last night involved two of my comfort-food favorites:


Veggie burglar.


Followed by some of my almond banana bread:




This morning I went to the gym for a run before my BodyPump class. However, my injured knee is still not 100%, and it became clear after a few seconds that running is not in my near future. This is going to make it difficult to shift the ~10 pounds I've gained since our honeymoon, especially because I literally can't do anything high impact--including my bootcamp class:-( Damn you butter! And chocolate! And cheese! 

After BodyPump I hit up the grocery store for a few things and then came home to have lunch with David. Because it is the end of the academic semester David is mega busy, however, so he had to dash to campus pretty soon after that. Since I had some time to myself, I decided to feed Haruki some brussel sprouts.

The verdict? 




She really liked them!! Isn't that cute? My dog likes brussel sprouts. I should totally have more readers if even my dog is a health food nut! She also licks her bottom though, so I guess I can't say too much about her...um, palate.

Hey, speaking of free time, what are you all watching on TV these days? I'm asking because I'm looking for some new recommendations for decent TV shows. Since we got a TV a few months ago I've really been making up for lost time, and have become hooked on: Homeland (but we don't get Showtime anymore so I've been jonesing for it), Teen Mom 2 (I know, I know!), Parenthood (is this like the most real portrait of family life ever?), New Girl, The Mindy Project (both of these are like the highlight of my week), and Elementary (Jonny Lee Miller is more than just Angelina Jolie's ex boy toy).

*Do you feed your dog any human foods?

No comments:

Post a Comment