Friday, August 31, 2012

Bye Bye Summer

Labor Day means that summer is over, yah? Does that mean it's time to start enjoying a glass of red wine at the end of the day rather than this:




Not for at least a few days, I'd say, since it's still smokin' hot here in Boulder. WTF, fall?

I enjoyed this beer while sitting at the bar by myself and waiting for David's family to arrive for his niece's birthday party on Wednesday. How is it that I've never sat at a bar and had a beer by myself before??!! In case you haven't done this, go do it now--it's the apex in relaxation, especially when the US Open is on the bar TV.

Typical to form, I failed to take pictures of the dinner we had that night, though I did manage to get a single pic of the birthday cupcakes:




and the birthday girl:




Peyton just turned twelve. Does anyone else remember twelve as being, like, the most difficult age ever? I better give Peyton like fifty hugs every time I see her.

On a less hormonal note, last night we had my parents, brother, nieces, and SIL over for dinner. It was really nice to see them all, especially my SIL Sarah. She's pretty much fantastic.

For dinner, we had pizza and I made salads. Yes, salads: one for David and me, and another for my family. Apparently eating spinach is a learned taste, and my parents and brother have yet to attain it out.


Romaine and tomatoes for them, spinach, almonds, strawberries and Parmesan cheese for us. 

In addition to the pizza and salad, we also sampled the Dogfish Pumpkin Beer, which I found to be much better than most pumpkin beers. Not the best beer I've ever had, but definitely good and surprisingly tasty for a novelty beer.




In addition to these treats, we also had a visit from the gingerbread man, who came over to visit my nieces Morgan and Riley:




Any guesses as to who that might be? Uh huh...my husband. And, in case you're wondering, this is not the only novelty suit that he owns. Yah, that's not a rental, people.

*Do you ever dress up in costume? (Keep it "G," people!)

No comments:

Post a Comment