Tuesday, November 6, 2012

If I Was President...

If I was the President of the United States,

1) I'd make sure that small food businesses got lots of tax breaks so they could sell me muffins on the cheap.

2) I'd campaign under the slogan, "Giving it to you (and your Mom) Hard, Fast, and Truthy."

3) I'd put all the ladies from The View on the Supreme Court.

4) I'd hire a surrogate president to do my job when it was that time of the month. Maybe Jon Stewart.

5) I would increase my own salary.

*What would you do if you were the President, seriously, or not-so-seriously?

How are you spending this election day? I have to say that I'm pretty excited. I actually teared up on my way to the gym this morning, thinking about how this election means so much to so many. I had all this on the brain since my YMCA is a polling place.




There were a boatload of people there, too. I voted by absentee ballot two weeks ago, so my business at the YMCA today was purely a workout. Now I'm camped out in front of CNN, waiting (like a complete geek) for all the latest news and updates. I might even take a look at my dissertation at some point this afternoon:-)

In other news, I made hummus! More specifically, I made pumpkin hummus!




 I also made a mess:




Woohoo! Can we just talk about how great food processors are? My Mom gave me this for Christmas last year, and sadly I've been too lazy to use it too often (because it's got too many nooks and crannies and is thus difficult to clean).

Speaking of Christmas, it is like two shakes away!!! Are you gearing up for holiday fun, or already feeling holiday exhaustion?

No comments:

Post a Comment