Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Nikki Eats Dirt (and some roots)

So we're two days into our small-town living / internet free lifestyle, and it's going. . .great!! Waking up to this:



isn't too shabby:-) (P.S. How do I get real emoticons??!! Mine are like ghetto-icons compared to the ones the other blog girls have. . .whine)

Perhaps the biggest highlight thus far has been Olivia, the 145 lb. potbelly pig that we came across at the local library yesterday. Olivia likes plant roots--so much so that she's willing to eat mostly dirt to get a few root nuggets.

Olivia is not unlike me quickly eating the best parts of an entree when the bf and I are eating out and sharing.

Highlight no. 2 is the bike ride that we took this afternoon. La Veta, CO to Cuchara, CO and up to the top of Cuchara Pass. I'll check Mapmyride.com later to see how much of a badass I am.

I do not drink 7UP. Maybe if I did I wouldn't look this surly.



If you've ever been to Colorado, then you prolly know that the small mountain towns are absolutely *the best* place to be--yes, in the winter, but I think even more so in the summer! Touring around on a road bike makes for so much fun--both while on the bike, and later, while consuming extra calories, or as I like to call them, "I'm like two weeks away from going pro, so I'd better eat this banana bread" calories.

*How _do_ you get those emoticons? Where else in the US has small mountain towns that rival those in Colorado?

No comments:

Post a Comment